A court can order that the house is sold and the proceeds divided equally or in whatever shares it considers just. It can order that the sale be deferred for a specified period of time. It can order the transfer of the house into joint names or into the sole name of one spouse/civil partner. If the house is held under a tenancy from a local authority, it can order the transfer of the tenancy.

Source: http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/birth_family_relationships/separation_and_divorce/family_home.html

We use cookies to give you the best online experience. By agreeing you accept the use of cookies in accordance with our cookie policy.

Privacy Settings saved!
Privacy Settings

When you visit any web site, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. Control your personal Cookie Services here.

These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site.

We use Facebook Pixels to track our Conversions through Facebook Clicks.

Decline all Services
Accept all Services