On a wet Sunday morning in November, Ugne decided to go shopping in the centre of Dublin. She went to Henry street as normal. She brought her 3 year old daughter Agne, together with her son, aged 5, and eldest daughter, aged 7 years. They went to various shops along Henry street. Finally, they went into a large multinational fashion store.
Ugne was helping her 7 year old daughter try on clothes when she looked around and, to her horror, saw Agne walk into a folding table with metal corners. There were no clothes on the table. Suddenly Agne’s forehead started to bleed. There was blood all over her face. Ugne was very very shocked. The nearest store assistant did not come to their assistance and continued to fold clothes. A manager and security man then came over. The manager apologised. He tried to do first aid but he did not do it properly. The family went home.
Later that evening, Agne started vomiting and her mother took her to Blanchardstown Hospital. They kept Agne in overnight in order to ensure that everything was okay with her. They released Agne the following morning. Agne was left with a 2.5cm faintly visible scar on her upper forehead, which healed well, but was slightly lighter in skintone than the surrounding area.
Griffin solicitors made an application to the Injuries Board on behalf of the injured child. The Injuries Board assessed damages at €19,502.50. Agne’a parents were happy with this assessment.
All assessments for children (anyone under 18) have to be approved and ruled by a Court. An application was then made to the Circuit Court. The judge examined Agne’s scar and approved the settlement, saying that it was a good settlement considering the facts of the case. €18,000 was invested on the infant’s behalf with the courts service until she is 18 years. €1,502.50 was paid out to the parents for out of pocket expenses paid on the child’s behalf.
Find out if you can make a claim.
Rime has been working as a sales assistant at Applegreen Celbridge for 11 years. Other workers have come and gone but she always stayed. On a cold November morning, a customer asked for the code to use the car wash. The car wash would not work. Rime left the shop and...
Paul, an Irish National worked for a security transit company for 20 years. He was the Trade Union representative. Paul came to me about a road traffic accident. Paul sustained an injury to his neck and back due to an accident at the entrance to the transit company....
A 62-year-old Irish nurse was shopping in a large supermarket. Outside the fridge, she leaned over to pick up a three-litre carton of milk, when suddenly her legs went from underneath her and she ended up on her back in severe pain. She had slipped on milk, which had...