Personal Injury Cycling Accidents
Newspapers are unable, seemingly, to discriminate between a bicycle accident and the collapse of civilisation.
Cycling has become more common in the last 10-15 years. It is popular for several reasons. It is great exercise, it’s cheap and it cuts down on travel time.
WHAT TO DO
If possible, stay calm and obtain the following information from the other driver:
- Name and address
- Registration details
- Insurance details
- Take photographs of the scene of the accident
- Call the Gardaí or report the accident to your local Garda station
- Phone a friend to help you
- Obtain the names contact details of witnesses
- Go to the hospital or your GP as soon as possible
The RSA has issued the top ten safety tips and safety gear for motor cyclists. Please see www.rsa.safety.ie/safetytips .
Admit liability/always take legal advice before making a written statement to the Gardaí.
The RSA have very useful information on cycling safety at www.rsa/cyclingsafety.ie.
Don’t let the wheels come off your life. We’ll investigate your claim while you get back in the saddle.
For More Help
Check out the Real Life Story here
* In contentious business, a legal practitioner shall not charge any amount in respect of legal costs expressed as a percentage or proportion of any damages (or other moneys) that may become payable to his or her client or purport to set out the legal costs to be charged to a junior counsel as a specified percentage of proportion of the legal costs paid to a senior counsel. A legal practitioner shall not without the prior written agreement of his or her client deduct or appropriate any amount in respect of legal costs from the amount of any changes or moneys that become payable to the client in respect of legal services that the legal practitioner provided to the client.