Personal Injury Cycling Accidents
George Bernard Shaw
Newspapers are unable, seemingly, to discriminate between a bicycle accident and the collapse of civilisation.
Cycling has become more common in the last 10-15 years. It is popular for several reasons. It is great exercise, it’s cheap and it cuts down on travel time.
WHAT TO DO
If possible, stay calm and obtain the following information from the other driver:
- Name and address
- Registration details
- Insurance details
- Take photographs of the scene of the accident
- Call the Gardaí or report the accident to your local Garda station
- Phone a friend to help you
- Obtain the names contact details of witnesses
- Go to the hospital or your GP as soon as possible
The RSA has issued the top ten safety tips and safety gear for motor cyclists. Please see www.rsa.safety.ie/safetytips .
Admit liability/always take legal advice before making a written statement to the Gardaí.
The RSA have very useful information on cycling safety at www.rsa/cyclingsafety.ie.
Don’t let the wheels come off your life. We’ll investigate your claim while you get back in the saddle.
For More Help